Application for Transitional Living

Download (.doc word version) Online Application

or (.pdf version) Online Application

Financial Assistance

Download (.doc word version) Bill Assistance Application

or (.pdf version) Bill Assistance Application

Eid Blessings application

Send your completed application to:


Mail: P.O. Box 33202, Tulsa OK 74153


IST Food Bank

Download the 2016 Application Form.

You will also need the 2016 Income and Non-Discrimination Statement (here).

Other Resources

Oklahoma Department of Human Services

Tulsa WIC


How to Apply for Assistance Programs

Housing, food, medical, counseling and more

Medical Services


SoonerCare is a form of Medicaid that helps people from low-income families to pay for medical expenses including maternity care. You can apply for SoonerCare online by visiting this website:

Once at the site click on the “Apply for Benefits” button to begin the application process.

Enrollment can also be done at any Oklahoma Department of Human Services Office, in such case a DHS worker will help fill out the application and gather the needed information. You can find the address and map of the OKDHS department on the back of this pamphlet.

If you need help filling out the application call 1-800-987-7767

Before you start, you need to have the following information available:

  • Your family’s income from a job, child support and other income
  • Social Security numbers and birthdates of people in your home
  • Current or recent health insurance information
  • Identity and citizenship information, or alien registration information
  • Income information including employer name, address and phone number, of all household members who are employed.
  • Amount of money received from other types of income such as Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), alimony or child support for all household members.
  • Expected date of delivery and number of babies of any pregnant household member.
  • Current health insurance information for all household members with health insurance including company name, policy or group number, type of coverage, effective date, policy holder’s name and ID.
  • Name of caregiver and cost of the care if anyone in the household pays for child care in order to work outside the home.
  • Name, address, phone number, date of birth, and Social Security Number of the absent parent(s) for any child applying for benefits whose mother or father is not living in the household.



HUD is a program offered by the Tulsa Housing Authority that offers rental assistance and reduced rate housing for low income families. In order to apply for HUD you must fill out the online application available at:


Once at the site click “”

To apply for HUD housing you will need the names, birthdates and social security numbers for all people currently living in the household. You can also apply for the voucher program through the same site.

Other Emergency Shelters

Homeless Shelter Directory

Transitional Living Communities and Assistance


Food Stamps

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance program is a program designed to help low-income families afford groceries. In order to apply you must visit the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. When you go in to apply make sure to bring a form of identification, proof of income and address and social security numbers of all members of your household.  If you are accepted for benefits you will be given a food card that can be used like a credit card at participating stores.

Electric and Gas Assistance

Utility Assistance

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides winter heating, energy crisis, summer cooling and/or weatherization and other energy-related home repair assistance to eligible low-income households throughout each year during specific application periods.

Kathie Wright, Program Manager  Phone: (405) 521-3444 or  1-866-411-1877

Emergency Family Assistance


Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) is a federally-funded program for children deprived of support because of a parent’s death, incapacity, absence or unemployment.

Cash assistance is available to the family on a time-limited basis through TANF. The purpose of this federal program is to provide temporary support in meeting basic needs, training leading to employment, employment services and childcare assistance for qualified families with children.

Phone: (405) 521-4391

Infant Services


The Women Infant and Children program’s goal to make nutritious food available to pregnant women, infants and children under five. If accepted for benefits you will be given checks that state what food you can get. To apply for WIC call one of the locations listed below and make an appointment. If you are pregnant and going for pregnant benefits make sure to take a form of identification(e.g. drivers license), proof of income (e.g., copy of check), proof of address (such as a utility bill) and proof of pregnancy which can be obtained at your doctor’s office, medical clinks or any Planned Parenthood location. For children, you will need the above except for proof of pregnancy, and also be sure to bring the child’s birth certificate.

315 S. Utica Ave, Tulsa, OK                               730 W. 23rd St. Tulsa, OK
918-594-4820                                                       918-596-8410

4616 E. 15th  St., Tulsa, Ok                                  3666 N. Peoria Ave., Tulsa, OK
918-595-4140                                                       918-591-6030

There are many more locations across Oklahoma, including ones in Broken Arrow, Bixby and Owasso, for these locations consult the yellow pages.

Emergency Infant Services

Provides help for children 5 and under.   Families may come for assistance up to four times in a calendar year. Each visit, parents meet with an interviewer to discuss their particular child’s needs and the family’s situation. We provide any assistance we can during that same day.  Children needing clothing may receive items from our “boutique”. Children may also receive help with food, formula or diapers. EIS also partners with local hospitals and other non-profit groups to assist with other items to keep infants safe.

Located at

222 S. Houston Ave. Tulsa, OK
T: 918-582-2469
F: 918-582-1550

Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling

Family and Children’s Services

Family and Children’s Services is a division of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services and offers a variety of services including help for abused or traumatized children, counseling for adults, crises intervention services and rehabilitation services.

They also offer parenting and relationship classes.

To make an appointment call 918-587-9471

Offices locations and numbers are listed below:

Lewis Office

CHBS, SWIFT, Parent Aide
6202 S. Lewis Avenue, Suite J
Tulsa, OK 74136

East Office
11740 E. 21st Street
Tulsa, OK 74129

Broken Arrow Office
3200 S. Elm, Suite 106
Broken Arrow, OK 74012

Parent Child Center of Tulsa

The Parent Child Center of Tulsa works to prevent child abuse and neglect through education, treatment and advocacy.  Counseling programs are available for parents and their children

1421 South Boston Avenue Tulsa, OK 74119
24 Hour help line:  (918) 599-7999



YWCA is on a mission to stand up for social justice, help families and strengthen communities. Each year YWCA creates real change in the lives of more than 20,000 women, men and children through direct service programs while also focusing on advocacy efforts that reduce disparities in wellness, wealth and education.

Counseling Services


1503 South Denver Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74119
T: (918) 588-9393
F: (918) 588-9394

Child & Youth Development


8145 East 17th Street
Tulsa, OK 74112
T: (918) 628-1030
F: (918) 628-1033

Patti Johnson Wilson Center (Health & Wellness)
1910 South Lewis Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74104
T: (918) 749-0203
F: (918) 749-0198

Immigrant & refugee services – assistance with green cards and citizenship


Immigrant & Refugee Services
8145 East 17th Street
Tulsa, OK 74112
T: (918) 663-0377
F: (918) 663-2266
Tele-Ayuda: (918) 663-0001 or (800) 506-6211

Health & wellness

8145 East 17th Street
Tulsa, OK 74112
T: (918) 628-1030
F: (918) 628-1033

1910 South Lewis Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74104
T: (918) 749-2519
F: (918) 749-0138

Business office

1910 South Lewis Avenue, Suite 200
Tulsa, OK 74104
T: (918) 587-2100
F: (918) 587-0277

Abuse, Rape & Domestic Violence


Domestic Violence and Intervention Services offer services that help to cope with domestic violence and sexual assault. Their crisis hotline is 918-7-HELP-ME or 918-743-5763

Domestic Violence Intervention Services, Inc.
4300 S. Harvard Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74135
Phone: 918.585.3163
Fax: 918.584.1835

General Help

211 Helpline

The 211 helpline can direct you to all the assistance programs and agencies in Oklahoma, simply dial 2-1-1